The witch and the kitten


Halloween is coming near.
I think it got me inspired to make a witchy art journal page.




Totally NOT on purpose she has this wart kind of thing on her upper lip, haha!

Can one fall in love with one's own created creature?
Well, I'm certainly in love with this little kitten I created!!
Wish it was real, it's so darn cute!




This page comes entirely from my own imagination.
But of course I'm influenced by work of others!





It started with brayering some left over paints from another work.
Like the background of the page next to this one.
A great tip I came across several times.




I used acrylic paints, water soluble crayons, colour pencils, paint markers.




Happy creating to you!

xx Wen


6 comments:

  1. I love this! A truly modern take on a witch. No green hair, hairy warty chin or hook nose to be seen anywhere! I love the little kitty cat too. It looks like a little ghost cat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like Halloween but love your paintings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your faces, they are so pretty, wart and all :) that kitten is darling and I love the white highlighting on the web, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a very special witch, I can tell. And such a cute little kitty. What a wonderful page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is the most beautiful witch I ever saw, Wendy, beautiful eyes, and not at all scary, lol, with her tiny and adorable kitten. Wonderful colours of pink too.
    It was good visiting all your 3 blogs today, each giving it`s own kind of beauty to the viewer , thank you.
    Kiss and hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the mixed materials and the end product...Michelle

    ReplyDelete